Self-Care for You and Your Estate™
We are committed to estate planning and probate in order to help you prepare for the future. We provide each of our clients with a comprehensive, personalized estate plan that will help them rest assured knowing that their assets will be handled properly.
Your complete estate plan allows you peace of mind knowing that you have done everything in your power to fulfill your wishes, and appoints the right persons to assist you in life. Complete estate care can include trusts, asset protection, guardianship, conservatorship, transfer of assets to beneficiaries, and wills to maximize the transfer of assets to your beneficiaries. These thoughtful preparations can be a gift to your family, avoiding confusion or disagreements in times of grief.
We represent beneficiaries, trustees, charitable organizations, and any parties with interests in decedent’s estates and trust assets. We handle every aspect of trust and probate litigation to protect you, your family, and your estate.
- Contest a Will
- Contest a Trust
- Remove a Trustee
- Elder Abuse Claims
- Undue Influence Claims
- Sell a Home in Trust
- Real Property Claims
- Inheritance Disputes
- Creditor Claims and Defense
- Trustee Removal
Probate Administration With Guidance, Confidence, and Care
Probate can be a taxing and complex practice, with copious laws governing the process. Our team will guide you through the probate process with care, compassion, and confidence to avoid the pitfalls that can result in costly errors in order to protect you and your estate.
We offer extensive experience representing clients in probate cases involving assets including real estate, stocks, bonds, and other investment forms. If you’re an executor, administrator or beneficiary of an estate in probate, we’ll answer your questions, help you resolve any issues that you may be confronting. If you’re a family member whose loved one died without a will, we’ll help you understand the process required to finalize their estate in a timely and professional manner.
If you find yourself in a situation regarding estate inheritance subject to administration, contact us right away. We can guide you through the probate process and help you resolve tax issues that may that come up in probate.
- File for Probate
- File Spousal Property Petition
- File 850 Petitions (Property Claims)
- Transfer of Real Property
- Manage Foreclosure-related Sales
- Manage Reverse Mortgage Properties
- Evict Tenants in Trust Property
- Collect Trust or Estate Assets
- Guardianships for Minor Distributees
Our litigators guide clients through every problem, finding solutions at every turn and work hard to get the case resolved as quickly as possible. Our civil litigation attorneys provide in-depth consultations with the goal of early case resolution. If this is not feasible, we aim to deliver a superior litigation effort: from resolving a case quickly and avoid trial, through mediation or arbitration. If a trial becomes necessary, our team works to conclude as quickly as possible in favor of the client.
- Partition Actions
- Breach of Contract to Make a Will
- Partnership Disputes
- Business Contract Disputes
- Breach of Verbal Agreements
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims
Remote Estate Planning
We’re proud to offer a 5-step remote estate planning solution:
- Contact us by phone or email to let us know you’re interested. One of our attorneys will connect with you to make sure that our office is the best fit for your legal needs.
- For no commitment or charge, we will provide you with our estate planning intake packet, so that you can tell us about the important people in your life and the assets that need protecting. This gives us a starting point so that we are better prepared to ask you the tough questions during the interview process.
- When you’re ready to retain us, send us your packet and tender payment through our secure online portal.
- Once we receive your packet and payment, we will schedule a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys by call or video chat – your choice.
- We do the rest! After our planning consultation, we will prepare your estate plan and follow up with you by email or phone if we have any further questions. When your estate plan is complete, we will contact you to discuss the best means of delivering and executing your plan.
Tara R. Burd
Tara R. Burd brings extensive probate and trust litigation experience, with a specific emphasis on probate administration, probate avoidance estate planning, and complex trust litigation. Much of her career has been focused on helping clients navigate their way through breach of contracts, business disputes, partition actions, employment, and personal injury lawsuits.
501 West Broadway, Suite 600
San Diego, California 92101